Trainee accountant and auditor
- £14,600 starting salary plus generous study package.
- Salary and benefits grow with experience and professional progression.
AAT – Association of Accounting Technicians, progressing to ACA – Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Hours and duration:
- 36.25 hours, full time.
- Paid leave and expenses for formal ACA studies.
- 4 – 5 year training programme
We require hard-working committed new trainees to join our accounts and audit department. This is an opportunity to work in a practice environment, dealing with a wide variety of our clients’ affairs. Practical work experience will sit alongside formal studies as you work towards qualification as a Chartered Accountant. We are an established and successful training firm with most of our talent grown internally. We pride ourselves on a high quality service and on understanding the needs and aspirations of our clients on a personal basis.
Day-to-day work will vary but you will start with a solid foundation of bookkeeping and simple accounts preparation work as you learn the basics. As your knowledge and experience develops, you will get the opportunity to experience a wider variety of clients and to travel to clients’ sites in small audit teams. In time, you will start to lead these teams and to take some responsibilities for other junior trainees and their work. Your exposure to clients directly will also grow as you progress.
We provide full, on-the-job practical training led by more senior members of our team. Formal practical tuition will be provided off-site by our training partners, giving you every opportunity to succeed at your exams.
The position will be based at our Southend office but some travel will be required. Business travel costs are fully reimbursed by the firm.
By the end of your studies, you will have acquired a prestigious qualification and a rewarding breadth of work experience on which to grow your future professional career, wherever that might take you.
The ideal candidate will:
- work hard (the ACA qualifications are not easy and will require full commitment from you);
- hold a minimum of six A*-C grades at GCSE with good grades in Maths and English;
- hold (or predicting) at least B-B-C grades at A-level (in any subjects) or equivalents;
- have good communication skills, both verbally and written; and
- have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please contact our staff director Robert Howe BEng FCA for further details or to express an interest:
Telephone: 01702 351 412
Post: Rutland House, 90/92 Baxter Avenue, Southend, Essex SS2 6HZ