Sam Blundell ACA
Sam joined Goldwyns in 2006 (straight from Westcliff High School for Boys) and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2012 under its stewardship. From here he continued to progress through the firm, was appointed as a director in 2018 and became a full-time partner in 2020.
Having worked at every level (and still regularly dealing with some clients he first trained on in 2006), Sam’s experience in the firm encompasses:
- leading a number of the firm’s larger clients (particularly various groups, audits, PLCs, doctors and charities);
- providing the more personal, day-to-day service required for some of the firm’s much smaller businesses or personal tax clients;
- a number of more specialist assignments such as due diligence activities on potential acquisitions and bespoke assurance reports for specific regulatory matters;
- financial and tax planning strategies of varying levels of complexity;
- dealing with a variety of HMRC enquiries across different taxes; and
- assisting various clients with their record keeping and systems needs as necessary (being particularly keen on both Sage and Xero).
Having for many years been responsible for the firm’s ICT, Sam’s current role also encompasses a number of the broader aspects of running a practice – such as data protection, recruitment, staff training and business development.
Outside of work, Sam volunteers with a local Scout District, loves the great outdoors and is a fair weather motorbiker.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 01702 351412. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.